Wednesday, September 7, 2011

13th Annual Mosaic for Mental Health art exhibition & sale

I almost forgot about this wonderful fundraiser. back when I was selling at Alderney landing I came across a booth that was selling some of the past years tiles and I talked to them about the tiles and said that I would be more than happy to paint a tile for such a good cause. Then 2 months later, I'm like -oh crap, the deadline is approaching!

So I gathered the papers and the tile and started working. I have a great sketch done for it, now it just needs to be painted. The theme is courage, and I plan on calling mine, "making new friends". It does take courage to meet new people and to make new friends. I should know, I still have a hard time approaching people and making new connections, but I'm getting better at it! I'm not as shy as I used to be, which is great, especially since I'm trying to get my work out there.

So anyways, the deadline is September 21st, and the gallery will be open at the Craig Gallery at Alderney Landing from October 13th to October 30th. I can't wait! Tiles will be for sale for $25, and it's going towards a great cause! And there will be a ton of other artists paintings tiles too!

Here's a picture of what I have so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment