Monday, November 1, 2010

Hal-Con 2010

Hal-Con 2010 turned out great! I didn't sell a whole lot, but it was the experience points I was after. And oh boy, did I get a great experience!

The first day and part of Saturday I was so over-whelmed, that I
felt nauseous. But once I got my bearings, things went really well. I did a few chibi commissions and sold prints and some buttons. I'm still not used to people actually buying my work. I'm really grateful that people admire my work and actually give me positive comments.

I plan on doing this again next year and will be working all year on new illustrations. Instead of leaving it last minute like I did this year. 2 weeks is not enough time to get work done and things prepared.

I would also like to thank the people of Hal-Con who put together all of this, as they did an outstanding job, even with somethings falling through on them. *applause*

And for those of you who might be interested, I still have prints and buttons left, so if you would like to purchase any, please email me at aprilmdesigns@gmail.com

Buttons are a dollar each or 5 for $4. 8x10" prints are $10 each. 4x6" & 5x5" are $4. Posters are $12 (11x17"). You can see what illustrations I have on my flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/aprilbaird/


No comments:

Post a Comment