Thursday, November 18, 2010

'Tis The Season

Hello one and all! :)

It's getting closer to the holidays and I'm getting super stoked about it. I can't wait to go home, chill out for a bit and see my family.

This year I decided to make a few Christmas cards. My Mother has only been asking me to do so for the past five to ten years. I think the illustrations came out rather well. I sketched everything out first and then scanned them to my computer. Everything else was done in Illustrator. I kinda did a little bit of experimenting with them. Like with gradients and the dotted lining around 2 of the characters.

I usually color my illustrations in photoshop or corel painter, but the more I play with Illustrator, the more I like it! So I think I will continue on this road with my illustrations. Well at least with my simpler work.

If you like you can view the cards on my flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/aprilbaird/

And if you'd really like to, you can purchase them from my online store! http://aprilmdesigns.bigcartel.com/

If things go well this year, I plan on doing more cards and maybe a few other things for next year's Christmas. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment