Thursday, October 7, 2010

Blaaah... And things about Hal-Con!

Super upset that I can't finish my digital paintings for Hal-Con. My tablet's pen just isn't working that great anymore. My lines turn out super wiggly and nothing is looking good. :( Looks like the only new illustrations I will have for sale, will be done in the traditional way, and I will try to make some decent prints of them if no one wants to buy the original. I will still have prints of my older digital paintings/illustrations for sale though! :)

So today I'm going to go to the art store and buy some more pens and paper and all of that good stuff, to make my traditional work look great!

I'll be there with a friend (who will also be selling some artwork) for all 3 days. I'll be dressed up as Jem! Cause I'm truly outrageous.

I'll also be bringing some of my art supplies and drawing some 5$ chibis! Any character you want, I'll try my bestest to do it. It would be great if you had a reference picture for your own character or a character I've never heard of before. And chances are, if it's not Batman, Sailor Moon, a Disney character, or anything related to Nintendo, I probably have never heard of them. Mostly just anime stuff though..... *isaloser* I'll put up a few examples of them in the next few days.

I will also have 1 inch buttons/pins for sale. There will be 5 different designs and you can buy all five of them, or buy them separately! Their designs is going to be a surprise! But they're super CUTE.

And I will be taking commissions for anyone who wants one.

Annd... I will have some Sailor Moon fanart for sale! BUUUT, it's only going to be of the villains. :3

I'm also going to have a painting in the art auction that the Con will be holding! All of the money from that will be going towards the IWK. So bid, bid, bid! It's for a great cause!

Most of the profit that the Con makes, will be donated to the IWK. It's one of their reason for having the Con in the first place! You can read more about all of that on their site: www.hal-con.com

And I think that's it! Come see our table! I'll have a sign on it that says "April M. Designs", so you'll know that it's me.

No comments:

Post a Comment