Friday, August 6, 2010

Over worked

For the last little while I haven't been busy what-so-ever. No freelance jobs, no job and I had no inspiration to work on personal stuff.

Then 2 weeks ago I decided to get a table at a Art and Craft show. So I've been working like a mad woman to get some new illustrations to sell and have been making necklaces so much that my hand is getting cramp-y and sore.

Then this past week I had a meeting for a freelance contract job, which is for the St. Mary's University newspaper. I will be the only designer working on it. 16 page newspaper for each week for 24 issues. Lots of work but super exciting!

I also have had a interview at the UPS store, and I basically have the job. I have a second interview tonight to meet up with his wife/part owner. It'll only be part time right now, which is ok by me, since I have the freelance gig.

So the over worked part is that the art and craft show is on the 14th this month, and the freelance gig wants 4 initial layouts of the newspaper by the 15th. Which means that I will probably only get to finish up the necklaces that I am currently working on and just use some old illustrations for the show, so that I will use what little time I have to create the layouts for the newspaper.

It may seem like I am complaining, but I am not. I am so happy that I finally have work to do and a *hopefully* job. Being over worked is way better than not having a thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment