I never write shit in here ever, but here we go! ~
My 2013 round up.
Last year was an interesting one. I feel as though I didn't accomplish a lot of things that I wanted to do, but I did some small things, that are pretty good.
Every year I write in a journal my goals, and then on January 1st, go through said list and see what I did do!
My weight loss goals basically went out the window at the end of the year, and gained all of my efforts back and then some. :c
There were business plans I had, and they all went away. I decided trying to start up my own business wasn't quite in the stars for me. I'll try again down the road when I have more of an insight on what I want to do.
My boyfriend and I had plans to go to Europe, but they fell through, as we left our planning to the last minute.
One goal was to get my work in some local galleries, and I did! Sort of. A local store has like a cafe/gallery area, and they let me do my own show, plus organize another one for multiple artists. The only thing I didn't like about it, is that the location wasn't great. But it was free, so I can't complain too much.
I sold at a few events, and a few new ones. All-in-all, I'm done with craft fairs, and will be focusing on conventions and other small events that are similar.
One goal was to go to networking events. I found an awesome group of people called the East Coast Creative Collective. And Made some new friends along the way. I'm planning on going to more meet ups, as it's fun, and helps with art block.
I also wanted to get an online store together, and get t-shirts printed. Which I did! And I sell them at a local store. So that is pretty awesome.
Other things I accomplished throughout the year, was working a full year as full time, I got a raise and bonuses. I also am off of my anxiety medicine, and doing much better going out and hanging with people in large crowds. I no longer get dizzy, and my face doesn't go numb. :3 Though there are still times, when I will back out of things last minute. It's going to take a while, but I am slowly getting better.
Goals for 2014
Almost every year my goals are basically the same. But here's a list of things I would like to accomplish by 2015.
- Get active and lose weight. I am currently at my heaviest I have been since college. 220lbs is not fun. My all time goal is to get back to 170lbs. That's 50lbs, which I know will take longer than a year to do, but I want to get back on track, get active and eat better.
- Go to Europe! My bf and I are currently planning things now, so we will be all ready to go in the fall.
- Buy a house. Yup! This is a big goal, and my bf and I will be looking when we get back from our trip. He has some money saved up, and will hopefully be selling some land back home to go towards a nice down payment for one. We are hoping to stay in the area we are in, as it's a nice place, and has plenty of amenities, such as schools. (planning ahead ;) )
- start up comic with 2 friends. We have theme of what we want to do and how to do it. Now we just need to get things on paper.
- Sell at local conventions: Geek Fest (Halifax), East Coat Comic Expo (Moncton), DCAF (Dartmouth) and Hal-Con (Halifax). I won't be selling at craft fairs or any holiday events. They're expensive and my work does not fit in that scene.
- I'm hoping on finding a Graphic Design job here in the city. My current job is great, but it was supposed to be an "in between jobs" job, and now I've been there for over 3 years now. Time to buckle down and work on my portfolio and really start looking again.
- Get a silk screen press. I do enjoy having t-shirts made up with my work on them, but I really want to make my own. I find it's more personalized that way. So I'm saving up and see where it goes.
- Draw everyday. Every goddamn day.
My goals for 2014 is to lose weight, practice drawing, make a comic, get a silk screening press, find a better job, travel and buy a house with my bf.
That's it, that's all. Here's to a great year ahead!! <3 p="">3>